Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baby Shower

Last weekend was my baby shower. It was perfect. My mom, mother in law, sisters and friend Thea all came in from out of town. I was really excited that my sisters were able to be here because they weren't able to come to the shower I had when I was pregnant with Brody. My family, Shara, Abbey, Christa and Robin all hosted the shower. They did such a great job. The bedding I picked out has giraffes on it, so they did a safari theme. They did milk and cookies. All the cookies were renamed stuff like zebra stripes and elephant ears. There was the salt lick where all the non sweet items were. The watering hole was where all the drinks were. It was really cute. I didn't do very good taking pictures but I think Abbey got a bunch so I will post them once I get them from her. We also played the best shower game. It was basically a game of memory. There was a board with numbered post it notes. Under each one was a phrase relating to pregnancy or babies in some way. We all took turns trying to make a match, once you got a match you won a prize. The prizes were all candy bars that some how related to the phrase you matched. So if you matched the word epidural you won Life Savers, or if you matched dad at conception you won a Big Hunk, breastfeeding was Milky Way and so on. They were all really cute and everyone really seemed to enjoy playing. It was such a nice shower. Thank you all for putting it together, I don't know what I would do without such great friends and family.

Here is the invitation.

All of the great gifts. We are so lucky to have such amazing friends and family, we got practiacally everything we need for the new baby.

The cute clothes line.

Opening the first gift.

I have to prepare myself for having something that little again.

Loved the tie, so cute.

No comments: