Friday, July 25, 2008

Brody is One

So Brody's birthday was on Wednesday. We had a birthday party for him on Sunday. It went really well. He opened lots of fun presents and got to have his very own cake. He didn't eat much of it but he definitely made a HUGE mess with it. He was a little hesitant at first but once he got going he didn't stop until it was all on the floor. Then on Thursday he had to go to the doctors for his 12 month check up. He had to get 4 shots :o( It is so hard for me to watch, I hate seeing him in pain. It breaks my heart. But other then the shots the appointment went really well. Here is where he is at.

His weight was 21.6 lbs which was in the 25th percentile.
His length was 29.5" long which was in the 50th percentile.
His head was 47.8 cm which was in the 80th percentile.

He is walking all over the place. He says momma, dad and kitty. He can sign hat, duck, all done, eat and he claps whenever we say "Lets Go A's". He has 7 teeth. He takes one nap in the afternoon for about 2 hours and then usually sleeps from 8pm until 8 or 9 in the morning. He is such a good sleeper I'm so lucky. Lets see what else, oh we have stopped breast feeding and he is drinking whole milk with no problems. We are in the process of trying to go from the bottle to a cup. He just started feeding himself with a fork. If we put a little piece of meet on the fork and set it on his tray he can pick up the fork and feed himself. Oh and he loves to dance. Every time music comes on he starts rocking out. My parents gave him this really funny birthday card that when you open it, it sings Celebrate Good Times. He loves it he starts dancing and clapping. I have a video but the camera is dead right now so I need to charge it and then download it to the computer and I will post it. In the mean time here are a bunch of pictures from his birthday.

The birthday boy and his balloon.

Daddy and Brody.

Uncle Alan and Brody playing with the balloons.

Time for presents!

He was really good at unwrapping. I think he liked the paper and bags as much as he liked the presents.

Brody and his new lawnmower.

Opening his baseball and his vacuum.

Riding his new choo choo train.

He got so many fun toys!

Mommy and daddy helping to blow out the candle.

He was a little hesitant at first.

He wanted mommy to try it first and make sure it was ok.

He made such a mess, it was all over the floor. Shasta couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.

How did he make such a mess and stay so clean?

I can't believe my little boy is ONE!

So this is all from his birthday party. But we had a great weekend with all of our family here and I have lots more pictures and more to post about so I will start working on my next post. Thank you to everyone who made Brody's first birthday so special. We love you all!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Go Elmo--he loved that shirt! Brody was so good through all the excitement. I can't get enough of him.
Grandma Judy

Unknown said...

I can't believe he is one either!