Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Preparing for the BIG weekend

This weekend is Brody's first birthday party. He doesn't actually turn 1 until next Wednesday but we are having the party on Sunday. We have tons of family coming into town. We are so excited to see everyone. Also Brody's party just happens to fall on Mark's mom's actual birthday so we will be having a double celebration. I decided to make a half of a baseball cake for Brody and then something special for Judy that everyone else can enjoy. I'm going to start the cakes on Thursday or Friday and hope to be finished by Saturday so that I don't have to stress about them. Our first visitors get here Thursday afternoon, so I will be cleaning and doing laundry tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Oh and do you like the new blog design? Jamie (Abbey's sister) did her site and I just followed the link and changed mine too. I think it's very pretty :o)

4 comments:

Shara said...

I love the new background on your blog! Pink and brown....my favorite combination actually! Can't wait for the big celebration!

Kim Moraga said...

Happy Birthday Brody!!! I can't believe he is already 1. Have a great party!!!

Bobster said...

I started reading the blog from Brody's birthday backward and it made me want to move to Texas and hang out with you guys, stray kitty and all.
I hate to miss a party, but I'll be there in spirit. At the moment I have a full house, both children living at home, unemployed and making me crazy. You can't appreciate this, Jessica, but they always come home between gigs. I love that you are baking cakes, even for Wells Fargo. Have a wonderful weekend filled with love and joy!
Bobby

Kim Ledford said...

Jess - I got your link from Mo. What a fabulous blog! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures in Texas. Your baby is gorgeous. Those eyes! I bet Joel and Judy miss you like crazy!

Take care - didn't know you could bake cakes like that! Loved Stella!

Best wishes

Kim Ledford