Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I know I have been a terrible blogger lately. Sorry to everyone. We have been so busy, this is the first day I've even been able to have time to sit down and get on blogger. We had a quite but wonderful Christmas. We always spend Xmas with either Mark's or my family. This year we really wanted to start the tradition of having Christmas at our house and unfortunately neither of our families were able to join us. It was very hard being away from them but in the end we did have a very nice time with just the three of us. Actually on Xmas eve Tim and Shara came over. We made prime rib for the first time. We were a little nervous about how it would come out but it was amazing. I can't wait to make it again. We exchanged presents and watched Brody open all of his. It was a lot of fun. Then the next morning we had Brody's Santa gifts set out along with his stocking. He went straight over the them and dug right in. He was really good about playing with each thing for a few minutes and then rotating. Then the three of us just hung out in our PJ's all day watching movies and relaxing. It was really nice. Hopefully next year we can be with more of the family! Here are some pics and I'm working on downloading the video as we speak so as soon as it is done I will post it.

This was our Xmas card this year.

This was the first present he opened, a train from Grandma Judy and Grandpa Joel.

I'm really bummed this pic didn't come out better. Shara and Tim gave Brody this Longhorn Jersey, it was so cute on him!

A new picture for his room, from grandma and grandpa.

Tim and Shara also gave him the movie Cars, he couldn't wait to watch it.

Mark opening his gift from Tim and Shara, it was a telescope, we are really excited about it. I'm not sure what the expression on Mark's face is?

We got Tim and Shara these funny Longhorns hats to wear for the Fiesta Bowl.

Christmas morning, Brody playing with his new toys.

Playing with his etch a sketch, from grandma and grandpa.

His shinny new ball.

After we opened presents, we went outside to break them in.

Close up.

Throwing his new ball.

Batter up!

Swing batter batter!

The next day a present from Mark's aunt Cynthia and Uncle Rob.

Some of his favorite gifts were books. He is in love with this one!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Thanks for the update. Cute! Is Shasta playing with a new toy too? I'll have to bring my train whistle. I can't believe the house behind you went up that fast. I like Tim and Shara's new hats!The only picture missing is all three of you in your pjs.