Friday, August 21, 2009

Back Yard Bash 2009

We made our annual summer trip to New Mexico last weekend. Brody did so good on the drive. It took us eleven and a half hours with three short stops and he never cried once. I couldn't believe it. Tim and Shara came with us so Mark and Tim did all the driving and Shara and I sat in back and entertained Brody. We got there Thursday evening. We had dinner and got settled and then Shara and I met up with everyone for Syd's bachelorette party. It was a pretty fun night. We started with drinks at Taos Inn and then ended at the Alley where Jimmy Stadler was playing. Everyone had a great time. Friday we hung out at the house. We went to Out Back for really yummy pizza and then headed home to get ready for the tequila party. Every year my uncle Pete hosts the tequila party with great Mexican food and lots of tequila, I got to enjoy the food but not the drinks :) Saturday there was lots to do to get ready for the Bash. We did take a break and went to Taoseno for breakfast burritos. Then back to setting up for the party. The Bash was a huge success. The weather was so nice this year, we had a ton of people show up. I think there were around 150 people there. It was such a great weekend we had so much fun and I'm already looking forward to next year!

Brody at the tequila party doing his silly grin.

Syd, Ryan, Tim, Shara and Kelley.

Mark and Brody jumped in the picture and Brody was doing his silly face again. He was cracking everyone up!

He didn't really want to take a picture with mommy but at least he stayed still long enough to get a shot.

Shane cooking at the bash.

They roasted a whole pig this year. All the kids were fascinated, especially Brody.

So cute!

I actually got a normal smile.

All the Mariani girls.

All the kids out by the bache ball court.

These are all the Taos girls I grew up with, we have been friends for over 23 years.

My sisters and my little boy. He isn't making a sad face he has a mouth full of carrots.

Mark, Brody and me.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing the "Bash". What a lot of good pictures.

Unknown said...

Wow, Brody looks so grown up in these pics!