Monday, April 28, 2008

Cake # 2

So we had a pretty mellow weekend. Saturday we made our regular trips to Costco and Target. Then we came home and I went to work on my second cake. Mark had a going away picnic for some people he works with and asked me if I wanted to make a cake. So of course I picked the hardest cake I could attempt. I was able to make all of the decorations ahead of time and they only took me a couple of hours. Then I went to work on the actual cake on Saturday and it took me about 4-5 hours. I was exhausted. All in all I think it came out pretty good. It was hard when I was up close doing all the detail work, all I could see were the mistakes I made. But when I finally finished and stood back to look at it, I thought it came out pretty good. My next cake is for our friend Shara's sisters birthday. I'm going to try a zebra print. Wish me luck.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

LA! this is flippin incredible! so cool.. you ROCK!

Judy said...

Wow I love it!! That is so fun. It looks like a lot of work but so unique. Good job Jessica!
Love, Judy

Abbey said...

You are crazy! I can't wait to try one of your famous cake! My little girl DEFINITELY likes cake! :)

Kim Moraga said...

WOW! I am so impressed! Can you make one for Tyler and Anthony's birthdays :)

Unknown said...

the cake is totally great!
hi Jess:)