Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ang's Wedding

So a couple of weeks ago we took a trip to California for my best friend Angela's wedding. Brody and I flew out early so we could get a couple of extra days at grandma and grandpa's house. The festivities kicked off on Thursday. Judy, Brody and I drove up on Thursday morning. I was meeting Ang at a salon to get our nails done. Judy took Brody and headed over to the house we rented. Originally my parents were going to come to the wedding and they found this amazing guest house at Ehler's Estate winery. It was an amazing house right in the middle of the vineyards. After we got our nails done we got ready for the welcome BBQ that Ang's family was hosting at their hotel. It was fun and I got to bring Brody. Then on Friday we had the rehearsal around 11am and then a few of us went to this really yummy place in Calistoga for lunch. After that we headed back to the house for some rest and to get ready for the rehearsal dinner. That night Mark and I headed to the rehearsal dinner and grandma and grandpa watched Brody for us. The dinner was beautiful, we ate outside and Ang put together a really great slide show. It was very nice. That night I stayed at the hotel with Ang so she wouldn't be alone. We got up bright and early on Saturday and started getting ready for the wedding. The day just flew by. The wedding was beautiful, a little hot during the ceremony but everything went off without a hitch and everyone seemed to have a really good time. I'm so happy for Ang and DJ, congrats you two, we love you!!!

The happy couple!

Allie, Ang and me at the BBQ on Thursday.

Brody at the BBQ, he was cracking me up.

All the girls and Ang's dad at the rehearsal.

Mark and I heading to the rehearsal dinner.

Melissa, Lenee, Ang and me.

Our bridesmaid gifts. Ang gave us these great necklaces from Tiffany's.

Carrying the dress up to Ang's room.

Getting ready the day of the wedding. Ang got us all these cute little outfits to wear.

And she had them all embroidered with our initials.

Getting ready to head to the winery.

Ang on the bus.

Mark and me after the ceremony.

Mark, me, Judy and Joel in the wine cave for dinner.

Bernd, me, Mark, Thea and Joel.

The beautiful centerpieces.

The favors.

I thought this was really cute, Ang did a family tree with photos of all her families wedding pics.

The first dance.

The cake.

They cut the cake with Django's Marine Corp sword. I thought that was really special.

Melissa caught the bouquet.

Driving off in their fancy vintage car. The photographer got in the way of my pic.

2 comments:

Ang said...

Jess, Thank you so much for all that did- I couldn't have done it without your love and support! These shots are amazing, thanks for posting!

Judy said...

What a beautiful wedding. We had a wonderful time at the wedding and all weekend with the family. Angela and DJ are such an attractive couple and so nice as well!!