Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Joel's birthday

Last weekend we made a trip out to California for Joel's 65th birthday. We flew in on Friday evening. We made it just in time for Bernd and Thea's joint birthday party. Judy, Brody, my mom and I all left early and the boys stayed for scotch and cigars. Saturday we got up and helped set up for the party. It was a luau theme so everyone had on their best Hawaiian gear. The party was a lot of fun. There was swimming (Mark was a trooper and was in with all of the kids for 2 hours!), a live band and really yummy Hawaiian food. Sunday the guys all played golf and the girls cleaned up and swam with Brody. Oh and while Brody and Judy napped my mom and I got to have a lunch date. We went to my favorite restaurant, Va de Vi. I don't remember the last time just my mom and I got to have lunch. It was really nice and one of my favorite parts of the trip. That night Ang and DJ came for dinner, they weren't able to make the party so I was really glad we got to see them. Monday was a day of errands. I was able to get my hair done and then we all went to the office to get our teeth cleaned. That night was Joel's actual birthday. Bernd, Thea and Kim all came over. We did a combination of Chinese food and sushi (I had a craving). Then Tuesday we flew home. It was a quick trip but we had a really good time and loved getting to spend time with all the family. Especially since I won't be traveling anytime soon. Here are some of the pics from our trip.

Brody was not cooperating.

Naked Brody jumping to daddy in the pool.

Waiting for the party to start.

First picture of the baby bump.

Me and my mom.

Me and Mark.

Our beautiful moms.

Dad, me and mom.

Joel and his boys.

The Boriskin's including Bode.

Happy Birthday Joel we love you!

2 comments:

Jude's Mom said...

Jess, you look so great! Are you feeling better? If not, you sure hide it well!

Judy said...

I love the pictures; it was a great time. Joel had the best birthday ever and thanks to all of you for traveling the distance and making it fun.