Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Shopping

We had a great time last weekend with Batman. For those of you who don't know Batman is our friend from California, his real name is Bernd but my nickname for him is Batman. He came to see our new digs and to help us finish the wine room. He got in late on Friday night and Saturday and Sunday we mostly did work around the house. He did the molding and finish work on the wine room, helped Mark fasten the bookshelf to the wall, hung our sconce in the outdoor living area, installed our water softener and did a few other little things we needed help with. It wasn't all work though, we took him out for Texas BBQ on Saturday night and then him and Mark went to a couple of bars in downtown Austin on Sunday. Overall it was a great visit, we really miss him and Thea.

So this was our first weekend in three weeks with no company. I had visions of a nice relaxing lazy weekend. Boy was I wrong. First I realized that Christmas was only about a week away and I had done no shopping. So we decided to run some quick errands on Saturday. That was quite the task and was definitely not quick. I tried to go to Target, after 20 minutes I finally found a parking spot. Then once I got inside it was so packed you could hardly even push your cart down the isle. Two hours later, feeling confident that I have everything I needed, I'm standing in line and realize I forgot to get Advil. Ugg it was so frustrating. Not to mention it was a cold and very windy day outside, I almost got blown away just trying to get back to my car. So after my wonderful adventure to Target I decided to come home and wrap the the presents I had. Mark was making cookies, which is something he likes to do for the people he works for. This reminded me I wanted to make my toffee. So Sunday I got up and ventured back out into the crazy world of Christmas shoppers. I had to go back to Target with a few returns and of course to get the Advil. Then I had to make a couple other stops which I can't talk about because it would give away some of my presents. So back to the house on Sunday, I was able to make my toffee (only 3 batches this year, last year I made 10) and more wrapping. I got a lot done so that is the good news. I hope everyone else is done shopping or planning on doing their buying online. Either way good luck. I'm definitely going to start earlier next year!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Okay, he is so cute in his little Santa hat that he is now my work computer's wall paper- love it!

Batman said...

It was so fun visiting with you guys. Too me it was all fun. All the projects turned out so nice, I really got a kick out of it. And in a way, we had an early FFBC. Only that it really was Saturday morning and not Friday night... : )

I miss you 3 terribly and I'm gonna go have a nice Scotch on you now!

Cheers!