Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Time!

I LOVE Christmas time. We started decorating the day after Thanksgiving. We decided to go with a fake tree this year. It was a very hard decision for me because I have always been such a huge fan of real trees, but with a crazy cat who eats the tree and drinks the water from the tree, it was time for the artificial tree. In the end I love our tree. I do the lights on the tree every year and it's always a stressful ordeal so it was amazing having the pre-lit tree. I also had a very Martha Stewart moment with my wreath and garland. I didn't really like anything I saw in the stores and everything was so expensive, especially the wreaths. So I decided to make my own. I got out my hot clue gun and went to work and I must say I'm very pleased with the results. I took pictures of all of our decorations. I might do a few more lights outside but overall I love the way everything looks.


My hand made wreath, I'm very proud of it :o)

Judy got us these stockings from Pottery Barn, I love them. We are missing one for Shasta, that's why they look off center.

Our Christmas tree!

I did garland all the way up the stairs.

And around the banister at the top of the stairs.

And here is the outside with our pretty lights. We decided to do colored lights because we always do white outside and color inside but the pre-lit tree was clear so we switched it up.

So those are our decorations. Like I said, I love Christmas. I will be doing the Wine Room post soon. Bernd is here this weekend and we are finishing up all the trim work and then I can take pictures of the finished product and do the post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The house looks awesome!!!!! LOVe and miss you guys so much and I can't wait to see you!