Thursday, January 22, 2009

Family Visit

Last weekend Mark's parents came to see us. We had a FABULOUS visit. We mostly just stayed at home and played with Brody. They got in on Thursday and we picked up BBQ on our way home from the airport. Mark was able to leave work early and hang out with us all day. We got sushi for dinner. Mark and Joel went and picked it up and we just hung out at the house. On Friday Mark had to work. Judy and I got up and went to yoga and Joel hung out with Brody. After yoga we picked up Brody and took him to get his second haircut. It was terrible. He screamed and cried the entire time. The girl was really patient and did a great job but B was not happy about it at all! After that the four of us went the Chuy's for lunch. I love that place it was so good. Oh and they had the best sopapilla's for dessert that were sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with honey. After lunch we dropped Brody and Joel off for a nap and Judy took me to get a massage. It was such a nice treat. That night Judy and I cooked dinner and then we played Smart Ass, which is my new favorite board game. We drank way to much wine and stayed up way to late but it was so much fun!!! The next day we got up and decided to go to the Domain to go shopping and have lunch. Mark got some really cool new jeans and Brody ran around like a mad man. He loves that place because he can just take off and run around. We had lunch at Jasper's which is always soooo good. Then we headed home for a nap. That night we made prime rib and crab legs and just hung out at home again. Mark got out his new telescope and him and Joel had a good time looking at all the starts and different constellations. It's funny how things change, I used to be all about going out and now my ideal night is a nice dinner and hanging out at home. Sunday we had lunch at CPK after the iPhone incident that I will blog about later and then we headed to the airport and had to say our goodbyes. I really enjoyed our visit. I needed some family time after spending Xmas on our own. The only bad thing about the visit was that I took absolutely no pictures. Not a single one, I can't believe it, I'm so disappointed in myself. I'll have to do better next time. Thanks for the great visit Judy and Joel we love you guys and miss you already.

1 comment:

Judy said...

We had a great visit too! You silly, I took some pictures and will send them to you--no need to be self critical;you are an incredible mom and an incredible daughter-in-law as well, who is married to an incredible son so NO worries!