Sunday, January 3, 2010

Baby's Nursery

The first thing on my list of things to do this year was to get the baby's room set up. So we spent the weekend taking down all of our Christmas decorations and getting the nursery together. I was really excited to do the nursery since it was something I didn't really get to do with Brody. We were in the process of moving from California to Texas at the time so I never got to do it. The baby's nursery is kind of a safari theme. I basically just played off the bedding I picked out. It has giraffes, birds, leaves and branches on it. Mark and I are not very artistic so I knew painting would be a little difficult for us. Instead I found these great vinyl decals that just stick to the wall. They turned out really great. The whole room actually came together really quickly. We had one hiccup with the crib. When we went to put it together we discovered on of the sides was broken so we had to exchange it for another one. Other then that it was very quick and easy and I'm so happy with how it came out. I teared up like 10 times when we were putting it all together. Now all we need is our little boy to arrive. I have a little more then 7 weeks left, I can't wait!!

This is the new chair, I love it!

I found a cute lamp at Babies r Us that has a giraffe, elephant and rhino on it.

This is the giraffe decal.

We still have to put the pad on the changing table. We might just use Brody's so we are waiting a little bit on that.

The branch and bird decals over the crib.

I love the bedding it's so cute!

We even got an elephant humidifier to go with the theme.

1 comment:

Jude's Mom said...

Oh my gosh! It looks so great! I love it... you did a great job!