Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Using the Potty

So we are SLOWLY making potty training progress. We bought Brody a potty for Christmas hoping to start the process. Well from the moment we took it out of the box every time he sees it or we ask him if he wants to use the potty he throws himself on the floor and cries "no, no, no". Well the other night before bath time Mark got him to sit on it. That was step one. Then finally he was sitting on it waiting to get in his bath and I got him to pee in it. It was a very small amount but he did it! Then a couple days later the same thing. So like I said we are slowly making progress. I'm not totally pushing the process because I hear a lot of kids revert back to wetting themselves when a new baby is introduced to the family. So I thought we would start out slow and really focus once the baby comes and Brody has had some time to adjust. We'll see how it goes. Wish us luck :) Here are some pics of his 2nd time using the potty.

I almost got a smile.

He always sits down with his clothes on first.

I'm sure he will love me for this when he is older, but here he is showing us where his butt is.

Takes lots of concentration to use the big boy potty :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm