Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back Home

Our trip was fast and furious and now we are back home. It was a fabulous trip. We landed in San Jose around 5:00 pm on Thursday. We made it home in time to meet up with Ang, DJ, Bernd and Thea for dinner at Va de Vi, it was amazing as usual. I didn't want the night to end. When we got back to the house Mark's brother Ryan and his girlfriend Kenda were already there. We stayed up for a little bit talking and catching up and then decided to call it a night. On Friday we all got up and had breakfast. Mark, Brody and I headed over the the LPH (Lafayette Park Hotel, which is where I used to work) to see all of my friends. It was so good to see everyone, I really miss all of them. They were like family to me and I miss seeing them on a day to day basis. Especially Kim who was like a big sister to me and Jan my 3rd mom. After that we headed into Berkeley to meet back up with Mark's family at their office and get our teeth cleaned. Then we headed home for a nap and then dinner at Blue Ginko for some amazing Sushi, it's still the best I have ever had! Then Saturday was all about family. We had a lunch/open house thing from 12-3. Lots of family came to see Brody and Ryan. It was so good to see everyone but it was also very overwhelming, Brody and I are used to it being just the two of us most of the time so to be around 20 or more people was kind of a lot to handle. Brody did really good, he only got a little fussy a couple of times but he held it together really well. Then Saturday night we did a big family dinner with just the immediate family. It was really nice, Judy and Joel fixed lobster and filets. We had some really nice wines and just had a blast hanging out together and goofing around. We couldn't have had anymore fun! On Sunday our flight was at noon so we had to leave around 9:30 for the airport. Like I said it was a quick trip but we definitely packed it full. Here are some of the pictures from the trip.

The three brothers back together again.

The Boriskin clan.

Bernd, Thea and Brody.

Alan, Brody and Kenda's son Bina. I feel bad I have no pictures of Kenda.

Brody with Mark's aunt Cynthia.

Jennifer, Bre and Brody

Judy gave Brody a bath in the sink, he learned how to splash. Poor Judy was soaking wet.

He just loves his baths!

Well that was our trip. We really did have a wonderful time. It was nice to visit everyone in California but it's good to be home. I think we are planning on coming again at the end of March/beginning of April for the A's opening night so hopefully we'll have a little more time then.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Jess, thanks for the quick post. It was a fabulous weekend. We did pack it full. I loved being with all the family. As far as the bath, what a blast--I didn't even care if I was wet. Brody is such a good baby. You and are Mark are wonderful parents.
Rest up for the next trip.
xo

cynthia said...

It was great seeing you all. It was really special to have held Brody for the first time (even though he spit up on me 3 times). Nice pictures. I love the one of Brody smiling in the sink. I'll send you my pictures. I have some of Kenda and Bina in them.

Kim Moraga said...

Jess, Mark and Brody - It was so great seeing you....I just love little Brody...he is so stinking cute!!!! I wish you weren't so far away so I can steal him away for a night to babysit! I hope you had a great stay! I can't believe how much Mark & Ryan look alike...they could be twins!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great to finally meet ya, I had a blast and the weekend exceeded my expectations. I'm looking forward to more. What a beautiful nephew I've got and a pleasure to meet you Jessica. Keep the blog alive,

Ryan