Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Surprises!

So my family is really big on surprises. In fact a few weeks ago when my parents came to visit they flew my sister Sydna in as a surprise. I was so excited to see her, she hadn't seen the house yet and has been so busy working I wasn't sure when I would see her again. Then on Thanksgiving day my dad left the house and said he had a quick errand to run. We were working on the wine room so we thought it had something to do with that, but it was Thanksgiving day, everyone is closed, we couldn't figure out where he possibly could have gone. Well an hour later he gets back and he isn't alone. He flew my other sister Kelley in to surprise us. My mom didn't even know she was coming, it was a fabulous surprise. We ended up having a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was actually very relaxing, my mom and I cooked dinner and we ate around 5:30 (half time of the Cowboy game) and just watched football and hung around the house all day. We were sad that Syd and Mark's family couldn't be here but it was a great first Thanksgiving in the new house. I kept my promise and took some pictures of the butt bread.


So the bread is frozen dough that you put in a muffin tin and let rise for 4-5 hours. The longer you let it rise the bigger the rolls get and the more they start to look like little butts. That's why we call it butt bread. Well I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mark's parents will be here this weekend and then Bernd is coming the next weekend. He is doing the finish work on the wine room and then we will be done! I will do a post, I have pictures from start to finish so everyone can see what we have been working on.

No comments: