Saturday, February 16, 2008

Fabulous Dinner!

So for Valentine's Day I decided I would cook us a really nice dinner. One of our favorite restaurants to go to in California is Va de Vi. I have their cook book and thought it would be fun to try and make the entire dinner from the cook book. I was a little nervous because I had never made any of the dishes. Especially the dessert because it required me making crust. For those of you who don't know I suck at making crust, I tried to make Mark a Lemon Meringue pie for his birthday, 4 hours and 5 crusts later I had to go to the store and buy pre-made crust. Anyway, it all came out amazing. First we had a mixed baby green salad with chopped almonds, strawberries, breaded goat cheese with a strawberry vinaigrette. It was really good, I even made the dressing from scratch. Then we had Hoisen-Barbequed braised rack of lamb with wasabi mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach. It was the best dinner I have ever made. Then for dessert I made a Vanilla Bean Macadamia Nut Tartlet with caramel and chocolate sauce. Mark actually took a picture of the dessert, I wish I would have thought about that for the entire dinner but I was very proud of the dessert. And yes I made the crust myself!

We also had a request from my mom for some pictures with me in them. So Mark took a few the other night and here are the best ones.

4 comments:

Judy said...

What a loving thing to do for your valentine! Jessica, you are talented in many ways. Thanks for sharing. The dessert looks delicious.
xo Judy

Diane said...

Dinner sounded fabulous! How Fun! And thanks so much for the pictures with you in them. Not that I don't like seeing Mark but I had none (or very few) with you and Brody! Beautiful!

LOVE YOU ALL

Mom and Dad

Sydna said...

Mmmmm.....that looks so good. It's 7:30 in the morning and i want that for breakfast. =) You look so beautiful in those pictures...can't wait to see you guys.

Unknown said...

you are so beautiful.