Thursday, March 6, 2008

Crawfish Boil

So for wonderful Wednesday last week we attended our first ever Crawfish Boil. It was a lot of fun. Mark has had crawfish before but it was a new thing for me. We went down to San Marcos to Shane's house. They did everything outside on the patio. They boil the crawfish with potatoes, corn on the cob and creole seasoning. There was also warm bread which is never a bad thing. It all gets dumped onto a long table and you dig in. You pull the tail off and getting the meat out is a lot like pealing a shrimp. Then you have the option of sucking the head to get all the juices out. Mark tried it while I stuck to the tails. It was all really good. Abbey took pictures and I asked her to send me a few so I can add them to the blog. In the mean time here are a couple of the pictures from last weekend.

Here we all are at dinner. Emily, Derek, Mark, Liz, Me and Alan.

This one is the same but our waiter decided to join the picture.

No comments: