Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sisters

We had a very fun and busy weekend. Followed by a miserable Wednesday. I was sick all day. I spent the majority of the morning throwing up and then the rest of the day in bed. I'm feeling a little better today so I'm hoping it was just some 24 hour bug. And no I'm not pregnant. Anyway back to our fun weekend. My baby sister came to visit me. She has never come to see me by herself so we really took advantage of the one on one quality time together. She flew in late on Friday night around 12:30 a.m. Saturday we got up and made breakfast and then headed out to the Salt Lick in Driftwood. For those of you who don't know, the Salt Lick it's a great little BBQ place out in the middle of no where. You can bring your own cooler of beer because they are in a dry county. We headed out there around two. There was live music and it was a gorgeous day so we just sat outside, ate really yummy BBQ and enjoyed the atmosphere. After that we headed home and relaxed the rest of the afternoon. Then Kelley and I headed into downtown Austin. It was South by South West this weekend so downtown was packed. We had a late dinner at a cute little Tapas restaurant then decided to head to 6th street to check out the action. We found a bar that had a great band playing. They were outside on a deck so we were able to snag a bench where we could enjoy the music and people watch. It was one of the funnest nights I have had in Austin. On Sunday Mark had signed us up to volunteer with the United Way so we headed to a local YMCA to help with their annual Easter Fair. We ended up being in charge of the face painting booth. Which we thought would be fairly easy until the first little girl sat down and asked me to paint Tinker Bell on her cheek. Hmmm I'm pretty creative but I didn't even know where to begin. We did get a few more random requests for a tractor, a dragon, a cow and the YMCA symbol. Overall it was a lot of fun. It was a great little event they had food, art and crafts, an Easter Egg Hunt and a petting zoo, which was Brody's favorite. The rest of the visit was pretty mellow. Kelley and I spent all day Monday shopping and running errands. We made dinner at home and just hung around talking and catching up. I loved it! Here are some pictures from the weekend.

These first three pictures are from our afternoon at the Salt Lick.

Here we are at the Easter Fair. The petty zoo had, bunnies, goats, chickens and a pony. Brody loved it.

This was Brody on Tuesday. This was supposed to be his St. Patty's day outfit but he ended up wearing it a day late.

1 comment:

Diane said...

OH Little Man! You are soooo cute!
I love your St. Patty's day outfit - especially your cute green crocs! Tia Kelley was so happy to spend some time with you and your Mom and Dad. We can't wait to see you in May! Love love love you all.

Grandma Di