Sunday, August 24, 2008

Backyard Bash Part One

So last weekend we went to New Mexico to see my parents. Every year they have a huge wine themed party that we have named the backyard bash. We left on Thursday and didn't come home until Monday. It was a jam packed weekend with lots of fun and friends. I took a ton of pictures so I'm going to have to do a few different posts to get it all in. So Thursday we got up, our good friends Tim and Shara had spent the night because they knew we were leaving bright and early. So the four of us piled in the car and started our 12 hour car ride to Taos. The trip went very smoothly. Brody did so good. We only stopped twice and made it to Taos in a little under eleven and a half hours. We went to dinner that night with my parents and some family friends and then called it a pretty early night. Friday we got up and started to get things ready for the party. I made a wine bottle cake and some cupcake lolly pops ( an idea Abbey emailed me that I just had to try). Mark's parents, my best friend Angela and her fiance Django and our good friends Bernd and Thea all arrived on Friday afternoon. We had lunch and just kind of hung around the house in the afternoon and then everyone left to get ready for the tequila party. As part of the backyard bash tradition my uncle Pete has a tequila at his house the night before the party. They have really yummy Mexican food, beer and of course margaritas. Brody was really wiped out so Mark, my dad and I all left a little early to put Brody down and then everyone else met us back at the house and the prep for the party began. I wish I had taken pictures of all the food. It was quite the site. All of us were put to work with our own little jobs, we were like a well oiled machine by the end. Here are a few pictures from the first couple of days. The sunsets were amazing all weekend.

The sunset our first night.

Tim and Shara's first Taos sunset.

Dad and Tim.

Thea, Django, Ang and Bernd at the tequila party.

Mark, Shara and Tim.

Django and Ang.

Grandma and Brody.

Mommy and Brody.

The sunset our second night on the way to the tequila party.

No comments: