Friday, August 8, 2008

Last Weekend

So last weekend was pretty crazy. Mark left to go to a bachelor party on Thursday. His mom flew in the same day to come help me with Brody. Robin and I hosted Abbey's baby shower at my house on Saturday. I spent Thursday night making around 80 mini cupcakes. Friday I worked on the stork cake and then Saturday was the big day. It was a great shower. Robin and I worked really good as a team. The whole thing went really smooth and stress free. Abbey got a ton of stuff she needed and I think her and Matt are just about ready for baby Kinsey to get here. On Sunday I joined Abbey at Lake Austin Spa, her mom set up this great day so everyone could relax. I have to say that Lake Austin Spa is one of the nicest spas I have ever been too. It was amazing. I got there at 10 and had a full body massage and then joined everyone else by the pool. Abbey's mom had reserved a private cabana. There were snacks, comfy chairs and lavender wash clothes in an ice bucket. We had a really yummy lunch at their little cafe. It was such a great day. And it was so nice to have Marks mom here to help. She did so much while she was here. Everything from taking care of Brody so I could enjoy my spa day to helping me clean and get ready for the shower. I don't know what I would have done without her. THANK YOU JUDY! Mark came home Sunday night and Judy went home. It was a really nice weekend. Here are a few pictures from the spa that Abbey's sister Jamie took.

This was our cabana, it was so nice!

There was an indoor pool where people could do laps or get out of the sun and still enjoy a pool.

The entire place was so beautiful. It was such a quiet and tranquil place. They have rooms that look out onto the lake so you can stay there and make a weekend out of it if you want to. They do yoga and other exercise classes all over the grounds, including out on docks on the lake. I can't wait for Judy and my mom to come for a girls weekend and I can take them here.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. I had a great weekend as well. I loved being with Brody and getting to see the shower too and meet your nice friends.
See you soon.
Love, Judy

Abbey said...

Thanks for an amazing weekend! Loved the cupcakes! And everything else of course!

Thanks Judy, for helping out so Jess could have more of a stress free weekend!

Abbey