Monday, August 25, 2008

Backyard Bash Part Two - The Food

Ok so Saturday we woke up and the guys actually went to play golf. Ang and I finished up the lolly pop cupcakes and we continued to get ready for the party. The weather was looking a little gloomy so my dad only played nine holes and then came home to start setting up the tent in the backyard in case it rained (which was a good thing because it did end up raining for the first hour or so of the party). Anyway nothing too exciting happened just got all set up for the party, lots and lots of food prep. We had really yummy Frito pies from Montes for lunch and then everyone left to get ready for the backyard bash. This years theme was Spanish wines. My parents made the biggest pan of paella I have ever seen/ They made their famous shrimp and some amazing lamb lolly pops. There was a huge variety of cheeses and meats. I saw mussels and fried calamari and of course Shara made her famous queso, it was all so delicious. I'm sure I'm leaving out more food but I think I got most of it. Here are all of the food pictures. There are so many pictures from the weekend that I will have to do another post with all the pictures of our friends and family.

Making the cupcake lolly pops.

They were so good I think they were gone in like five minutes.

The cake, not my best work. I had trouble with the elevation.

Food, food and more food.

Dad at the grill.

All the chef's helpers hard at work.

All the yummy stuff getting ready to go in the paella.

Paella in the making.

The finished product.

And a big thanks to Shara for all of the pictures. I took hundreds of pictures over the weekend but of course didn't get any of the food. Thank goodness Shara was on top of it.

2 comments:

Shara said...

HAHA, no problem! You know me and food :)

Abbey said...

I'm glad the lolly pops were good! I can't wait to try them!