Monday, February 23, 2009

I know I know...

I have been a terrible blogger lately. I promise to be better. Lets see, since the last time I posted not a lot has happened. We have started watching Maddie on a regular basis. I have her Mondays, Wednesdays and every other Tuesday. Brody has been pretty good with her. There is definitely a little jealousy, but like I said I think it's good practice for when we decide to have another baby. The other day when she left he wanted to get in the swing, which he is WAY to big for. It was pretty funny. Looking at the picture I really notice just how big he is. Then for Valentine's weekend, Mark's brother Ryan came to visit. He got here on Friday. They met up with Tim and all went downtown for a boys night. Saturday was Valentine's Day, Ryan watched Brody and Mark and I went to the Alamo for a late lunch and movie. We saw He's Just Not that into You, we both thought it was really cute. Mark proposed 7 years ago on Valentine's Day, boy how time flies. Saturday night Shara came over and we all just hung out at the house. Sunday was pretty lazy we had an early dinner at Chuy's which is quickly becoming one of my favorite place to eat in Austin. On Monday, Mark met us for lunch and then we took Ryan to the airport. It was a quick trip but lots of fun. Brody really bonded with Ryan, I think he was sad to see him go. Then we had a pretty quiet week. On Saturday, Mark played golf with Tim and his dad and then Dusty and Christa came up to visit. We made really yummy braised short ribs and played games. Christa's pregnancy is going well, we are so excited for them, I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. This week is pretty quiet, no plans yet for the weekend. I posted a couple of videos of Brody just being cute. I know both grandmas are having Brody withdrawal so I thought it might help.

We are only letting him have his pacifier because he is teething and it's either he chews on that or his Hotwheels.

This was his favorite game to play with uncle Ryan. Who needs a stroller when you have a suitcase?

I just thought he looked cute here. It was before his haircut so he looks all shaggy.

He LOVES vacuuming. When I try to vacuum I can barely do it because he wants to be right in front of the vacuum the entire time.


7 comments:

Judy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting the blog--that helps for the Grandma fix!I just love Brody's smile.

Diane said...

Brody is getting so big! Thank you for the pictures and the videos - he is such a good dancer! Can't wait til I can get a hug! Love you all so much.

Jude's Mom said...

Brody is so cute at the end of the dancing video! Love it!

Anonymous said...

There is no question that Brody is starting to look just like me! I am so excited! Just kidding. Actually he is growing and changing so fast. It is a pleasure to watch him go through such a maturation. Fun videos, thanks.

Grandpa Joel

Haley Morgan said...

I can't wait to come and play with Brody! can't wait can't wait can't wait

Unknown said...

Thank God he dances like his Mom!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica!
Hope you all are well. Brody is so adorable, and growing so fast. I heart Chuy's too! We have one in dallas and I like to go there to get a green chile fix. Take care!