Thursday, May 28, 2009

NYC

Sunday morning we got up bright and early and headed to New York. Syd and Shane had never been before and Mark and I haven't been since our honeymoon. We were all very excited to get to the city. We got there and checked into our hotel, then headed over the Carnegie Deli for lunch. They still have the biggest sandwiches I have ever seen in my life. After that we headed to Broadway to go see Westside Story. It was a great show, the lead actress was amazing. After that we headed back to the hotel to clean up and get ready for dinner. We went to our favorite Italian restaurant called Il Vagabondo, it's this small little place that's been there forever. They have bocce ball and the best Italian food ever! Then back to Times Square for some pics and then we stumbled into a random Karaoke bar where we spent the rest of the night. The next day we did lots of tourist stuff, walked up an down 5th avenue, did a little shopping, went to FAO Schwarz for Brody. It was a lot of fun. That night we met up with some of my parents friends who took us to China town for dinner and then Little Italy for dessert. They were two places I had never been in the city and I really loved both. And just like that our trip was over. We had such little time and we definitely crammed it full with of lots good times. I can't wait for our next family trip!

Me, Kel and Syd at FAO Schwarz trying on funny hats.

Shane and Kelley playing the big piano.

Yes, he was made of Jelly Beans.

Shane LOVED the toy store. Here he is with Batman!

The menu from our delicious dinner.

Grappa = YUCK!

Mark and Shane at the Karaoke bar.

Me and Syd

Me and papa

I was so excited to meet Chet and Scott outside the Karaoke bar. I'm a huge Real World fan!

Two cosmos are definitely better then one!

The whole fam on the steps at Times Square.

1 comment:

Jude's Mom said...

You have a beautiful family! And I'm surprised to see that you're wearing jackets in May - it wasn't warm yet?