Friday, October 17, 2008

Trip to Cali - Part One Ang and DJ

We had a fabulous trip to California. Brody and I flew out on Friday October 3rd. Brody did so good on the plane, he just played and drank his bottle. I brought the portable DVD player so we watched a couple of his Baby Signs movies and then he fell asleep. I was really nervous to fly with him by myself I'm so glad it went smoothly. Saturday morning we got up and Grandma Judy and Grandpa Joel took over on Brody duty. Angela picked me up and we headed to the city to go wedding dress and bridesmaid dress shopping. We were successful in both departments. Ang actually bought her dress and we found a super cute bridesmaid dress that I'm really excited about. She might have actually broken the curse of the bridesmaid dress, meaning I think she might have actually found a dress that people can wear again. After all our shopping we headed back to Petaluma. We had some yummy champagne and then headed out to dinner. It was my first night staying away from Brody, I did really well, no tears or anything. We had a great weekend and it was so nice to spend some quality time with Ang, I miss her so much now that we are in Texas. I'm working on trying to get her and DJ to move here, we'll have to wait and see what happens. Thanks Ang and DJ for such a fun visit.

Yummy Champagne!

Ang and DJ, aren't they cute!

Ang and me.

So kind of a funny story here. DJ wears these funny toe socks. He had them on in New Mexico and I thought they were the funniest socks I had ever seen. So when I came to visit he surprised me with toe socks of my very own!

And mine were Pink!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh my, what a ridiculously fun time we had!!! Toe socks and all... Thanks so much for coming out and for our first Dom experience. I miss you so much Jess (hence my embarrassing blubbering when we said goodbye at Bernd & Thea's wedding)! Hopefully we'll be doing New Year's Texas style to ring in '09... oh my god it's going to be 2009?!