Sunday, October 28, 2007

New Friends

So we had a very fun weekend. It started quiet on Friday, Mark and I stayed in and I was feeling a little lonely. Kind of the normal lonely for me. I started missing my family and close friends, which was a normal thing in California because my family, especially my sisters and best friends were always far away. Anyway I woke up on Saturday and Mark informed me that Dr. and his girlfriend were coming for a BBQ. At first I was a little put off, thinking I needed to clean the house and scramble to get ready for company. But they ended up coming and we totally hit it off. Dr. whose real name is Joey and his girlfriend Jamie were fabulous. We connected right away and ended up having an amazing night. They were both born and raised in Texas. Dr. brought us some deer meat that he had just hunted and offered to take Mark hunting next time he goes. It will be a new experience for Mark but he is really looking forward to going. Dr. knows a lot about photography and showed Mark some new tricks on our camera. We got some great shots of the full moon rising over our fence.

Then on Sunday I went to our friend Amanda's house. She was having one of those jewelery/Mary Kay parties. It was nice to get out and meet some other mom's in the area. Amanda lived in Taos for a few years and knew my parents. They moved to Austin about a year ago and it was a happy coincidence that they ended up living about 2 miles away. So that was our weekend. I still have some new pictures of Brody that I'm going to post soon and I'm trying to figure out how to put some video clips on here as well. Hope everyone has a happy Monday.

2 comments:

Abbey said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys had a good time! That's so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.