Monday, June 30, 2008

Always Busy

So another crazy weekend comes and goes. Actually Friday was pretty mellow, we stayed home and I was working on a birthday cake for our friend Christa. Saturday we got up and started doing yard work and I was finishing up the cake when the doorbell rang. Well Mark was outside doing the yard and I could see him talking to who ever it was at the front door so I figured he had it handled. Then the doorbell rang again. What the heck was going on? Well I answered the door and was shocked to find my parents standing on the front porch. Apparently they had driven down for a friends birthday who live about an hour and a half away from Austin. My parents had the day free so thought they would zip up and surprise us. Well it definitely worked, I was shocked! They hung out and helped me finish my cake. Then we went into Austin and had lunch at Wholefoods. Then they headed back to their friends and we went back home. I was so happy to see them even though it was just for a few hours. I can't wait until they come back in July. Well after our surprise visit we came home and got ready to head down to San Marcus for Christa's birthday. They were having a beer Olympic themed party so I decided to make a beer shaped cake. I asked Christa's husband Dusty what her favorite beer was and he said Stella. Of course it couldn't be something easy. Well it took me three days to make the cake but I had so much fun doing it and I think it came out really good. It is one of my favorite cakes to date.

Lots of details, I tried to get as many little things in as I could.

Here is the cake next to the actual bottle of Stella beer.


The birthday girl loved her cake.

Dust and I were on a team. We were so close to winning the gold!

Beer Olympics was really fun. They had a bunch of different games. Everyone was paired with someone and you took turns competing. They gave out medals after each event and then the team with the most medals won the overall gold. Mark and his teammate were the winners. Dusty and I were a close 2nd. We ended up staying the night in San Marcus and then got up bright and early (6am) to drive home and meet up with Tim and Shara to go to the Astros games. We had a lot of fun. Mark and I had never been to Houston we didn't get to see much but really liked the ballpark. I only managed to take one pictures of Brody and Shara but it was a good one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whew...I feel tired all over again!