Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Movies, Movies, Movies

We have been on a total movie kick lately. I hadn't seen a movie in so long and then all of sudden I feel like I have been to a ton of movies in the past few months. So I thought I would share what I've seen and what I thought of the movies.

The first movie I saw in Texas was 28 Dresses. It was a very cute movie. A classic romantic comedy.

Then I think I saw Vantage Point which was pretty good but a little repetitive. It's a movie that shows the same incident from different characters vantage points.

Next was Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I was a little disappointed in this movie. It was funny but it just wasn't that great. Oh and warning to anyone who hasn't seen it there are several shots of full frontal male parts. It took me by surprise to say the least.

Then Mark and I saw Iron Man. It was soooo good and we weren't expecting it to be. We only saw it because Mark hadn't been to the Alamo Drafthouse and it was the only movie playing. We both loved it. I think it's the best movie I have seen so far this summer. Oh and on a side note there is a crazy story to go along with this date night. Sydna had agreed to watch Brody so that we could go see a movie together. Well towards the end of the movie we started getting phone calls and text messages from everyone we know making sure we were safe. Safe? what was going on. Well as soon as we got out of the movie we found out the 3 funnel clouds had touched down about 10 miles from our house. Everyone in the movie theater was in the lobby waiting for one to pass. We made it home safe from the theater, Syd was a little freaked out. It was one of the craziest nights, the lightening and thunder was like nothing I have ever seen. Anyway the storm passed and we all survived and the movie was fabulous.

After that I wanted to take Syd to the Alamo so the next week we went to see What Happens in Vegas. It was very good. Again a classic romantic comedy. I love Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz so I might be biased.

When we were in New Mexico we saw Indiana Jones. Again I really liked it. I thought they kept the integrity of the previous films and I like the way they played on Harrison Fords age and didn't try to make him younger then he really is . And I love love love Shia LaBeouf. As far as action movies go I still think Iron Man was better but this was definitely good too.

And last but not least I just saw Sex and the City. It was all I wanted it to be and more. I was such a huge fan of the show, I used to watch it every week. In fact I had my first cosmo for the finale of the show and have been hooked on them ever since. I was a little sad that it all came together so well because it didn't really leave room for a sequel. But overall it was a really good movie and I will probably see it again when it comes out on DVD.

So those are all the movies I have seen in the theater. We have rented a ton more, but too many to list. I will say I have been trying to see old movies that I never saw. So far I have seen Kramer Vs. Kramer and Pan's Labyrinth. Both were really good Kramer Vs. Kramer was good but so sad, especially if you have kids. Pan's Labyrinth is a Spanish film and is all subtitles but I really enjoyed it. It's very different but I would definitely recommend it.

Well leave me a comment and let me know if you have seen any good movies lately or if you can think of any classic older movies that are a must see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we need an Indiana Jones marathon day. Let's pick the next 100 degree day to watch the original 3...oh wait, that's every day!!

Judy said...

I saw Sex and The City and really enjoyed it! I will be owning that one.
Judy